What type of personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect from you is used primarily to enable us to provide the specific service you require and to help you access your account, securely.
Personal information can include the following:
- your title, forename and surname;
- your personal or work related (depending on which you choose to submit) e-mail address and your password (which allow us to create your user account and your unique agreement number and send you information, correspondence and statements regarding your account via e-mail);
- your personal or work related contact details (depending on which you choose to submit) such as your telephone number(s), fax numbers and postal address;
- your contact and marketing preferences;
- if you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you;
- information necessary for legal compliance; and/or
- where you “like” us or make posts on our pages on social networking websites, such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
This information will be collected primarily from you as information voluntarily provided to us, but we may also collect it where lawful to do so from (and combine it with information from) credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, public sources, third party service providers (such as Experian Limited trading as HD Decisions who will conduct a soft credit search as part of our “Check my Eligibility” service), tax or law enforcement agencies and other third parties. We may also collect personal information about you from your use of other Company or Group websites or services.
- What other information do we collect and why?
We automatically collect standard internet and website log information to understand how our website visitors behave, which we use to improve your experience online. This may include information about your Internet Service Provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device), your access times, the website that referred you to us, the web pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
In addition, we may also record phone conversations to assist in the facilitation of our service to you the client. To resolve complaints, for staff training purposes and to improve our service standards.
When you use any of the services below, you may need to provide us with some additional personal information so that we can liaise with you in order to deal with your request, query, loan application and/or customer account registration. If you do choose to provide us with your personal information, we will collect that information for our own use and for the purposes described in this Policy.
- use our ‘live chat’ facility to speak to one of our design advisors;
- contact us by email using the information on our sites;
- apply for any of our loans when this facility becomes available;
- create your Hayley Jensen Client account;
- sign up to receive our various newsletters by email; and
- be notified of products and/or services that may be of interest to you (based on your purchase history or browsing of our Sites).
How we use your information
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- to respond and/or deal with your request, enquiry or “Live Chat” questions;
- to process and administer your client design package;
- to improve our products and services and to ensure that content from the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (or other electronic Internet-enabled device);
- to administer the sites;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you (directly, by the Company) by e-mail or phone for any of the above reasons;
- subject to your consent where required under applicable laws, to carry out direct marketing and/or e-mail marketing;
- where necessary as part of any restructuring of the Company or sale of the Company’s business or assets;
- to perform any contract the Company has with you;
- for compliance with our legal, regulatory and other good governance obligations; and
- to analyse trends and customer journeys in using and accessing our sites.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and may be updated from time to time as business needs and legal requirements dictate. Some of the personal information that we maintain will be kept in paper files, while other personal information will be included in computerised files and electronic databases.
In addition, we may use your personal information as necessary for the exercise of our legitimate business interests and needs (subject to data protection laws).
We may convert your personal information into anonymous form and use it (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis purposes, such as to improve the content on the websites.
In addition, we may use pixels or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission.
Does the Company share my personal information with third parties?
Your personal information will be made available for the purposes mentioned above (or as otherwise notified to you from time to time), on a ‘need-to-know’ basis and only to responsible management, accounting, legal, logistics, audit, compliance, information technology and other corporate staff who properly need to know these details for their functions within the Company. Please note that certain individuals who will see your personal information may not be based at the Group or in your country (please see below).
We may share personal information within the Group as needed for reasonable management, analysis, planning and decision making, including in relation to taking decisions regarding the expansion and promotion of our product and service offering, order or customer request fulfilment and for use by those companies for the other purposes described in this Policy.
Your personal information may also be made available to third parties (within or outside the Company or Group) providing relevant services under contract to the Company, or the Group (see below for further details). Third parties in this context means other corporate entities within our corporate group, providers to the Company or Group of responsible management, accounting, legal, logistics, audit, compliance, information technology, marketing and other services. This may also include providers of, data storage and database hosting services, IT hosting and IT maintenance services. These companies may use information about you to perform functions on our behalf.
We will not sell your personal information to any third party other than as part of any restructuring of the Company or Group or sale of a relevant Group business.
Will my personal information be transferred abroad?
We have explained above how your personal information may be shared outside of the Company and Group. As part of this, including for instance where we work with service providers, your personal information may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area which don’t have equivalent standards of protection under their legislation and on these occasions we take other steps to protect the data as required under applicable data protection laws.
Managing your marketing preferences
We may wish to provide you with information about new products, services, promotions and offers, which may be of interest to you. We may also invite you to take part in market research or request feedback on our products and services. This communication may occur by e-mail, telephone, post or SMS. We will obtain your consent and advise you of how to opt-out of receiving such communications where we are required to do so in accordance with applicable law, for example by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on any email that we send to you or by emailing our Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that marketing communications are not the same as “information only” communications and that consents are not usually required in order for us to communicate with you about the services you have enquired about or have signed up to obtain through the Sites, using contact details you have provided for this purpose.
Your rights to access your personal information
You have a number of rights in respect of your personal information under applicable data protection law. These include the right to access or obtain copies of your personal information and to have inaccurate information about you corrected. To exercise these rights you would need to write to Customer Services, Hayley Jensen Interiors, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ and enclose a cheque for the statutory fee of £10.
Keeping you informed
We will keep your details on record until we have completely dealt with your request, enquiry or application and then for a reasonable period afterwards, in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
The Company may keep your details on record for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out above and will then endeavour to delete your details in accordance with data protection and other applicable legislation.
Changes to this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. We may change this Policy from time to time by updating this page in order to reflect changes in the law and/or our privacy practices. The date at the top of this Policy will be updated accordingly and we encourage you to check this from time to time for any updates or changes.
By using our sites, submitting your personal information to us, registering an account, registering a customer credit account or interacting with us in other ways, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Policy (as amended from time to time).
This Policy only extends to the sites and does not, therefore, extend to your use of, provision of data to and collection of data on any website not connected to us to which you may link to by using the hypertext links within this website.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us email@example.com